May 5, 2020 Personnel & Finance Committee Meeting
NOTICE OF MEETING
PERSONNEL & FINANCE COMMITTEE
Members: Jim Friedman, Laura Hernandez, Kevin Kildee, and Bert Perello
TUESDAY, MAY 5, 2020, 8:30 A.M.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR’S EXECUTIVE ORDERS DECLARING A STATE OF EMERGENCY AND THE COUNTY OF VENTURA HEALTH OFFICER’S LOCAL HEALTH EMERGENCY DECLARATION AS A RESULT OF THE THREAT OF THE COVID-19 VIRUS, THE VRSD OFFICE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AND THIS VRSD PERSONNEL & FINANCE COMMITEE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA VIDEO CONFERENCE.
This meeting is being held via Zoom and all attendees are muted by default. To join via computer, click the link on the meeting date and time: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84376463014
If you do not have speakers or a microphone on your computer, you can dial in for audio. Call (669) 900-9128 or (253) 215-8782 and enter ID 843 7646 3014.
If you would like to speak during the public comment portion of the meeting, OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK ON A PARTICULAR AGENDA ITEM, PLEASE:
- ONLINE: Raise your hand, or use the Q&A panel to submit written comments;
- PHONE: press *9 to raise your hand, *6 to send a request to be unmuted BEFORE MAKING ANY verbal comments; OR
- PUBLIC COMMENT ON ANY AGENDA ITEM MAY ALSO BE ACCEPTED BY EMAIL TO JULIETRODRIGUEZ@VRSD.COM. ALL PUBLIC COMMENTS SENT VIA EMAIL MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 P.M. (PDT) ON MONDAY, MAY 4, 2020, TO BE READ INTO THE PUBLIC RECORD. PLEASE INDICATE IN THE SUBJECT LINE, THE AGENDA ITEM NUMBER.
A G E N D A
- Call to Order/Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Comment (items not on the agenda – 5 minute limit)
Opportunity for members of the public to briefly address the Board on items NOT on the agenda, in accordance with Government Code Section 54953(a). Persons wishing to comment on agenda items should complete a speaker card and submit it (preferably before the meeting) to the Clerk. The Chairman will then recognize them at the appropriate time. Once recognized, persons should step to the podium, clearly state their name and address for the record, and address the item being considered in as brief, clear, and concise a manner as possible.
- Agenda Review (General Manager/Committee Members)
Consider and approve, by majority vote, minor revisions to P&F agenda items or related attachments and any item added to, removed from, or continued from the Committee agenda
- Nominate and Select Personnel & Finance Committee Chair
- Review and Recommendation to Board of Directors re Approval of Proposed Emergency Sick Leave and Family Medical Care Leave
- Adjournment (Next meeting June 2, 2020)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special accommodation/assistance to participate in a District event, please call the CA Relay Service TDD line at (800) 735-2929 or the Clerk of the Board at (805) 658-4642 at least 48 hours prior. Notification prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to participate. Copies of individual reports may be requested from the Clerk of the Board or viewed on the website at www.vrsd.com.